Thursday, May 7, 2009

Random Things

*Sometimes I feel like a total fraud and like I have no business giving advice. Mainly this happens when I'm blogging or posting on a message board. I'll be mid sentence and think "wait, who am I to tell this person you can just make half a 9x13 recipe for an 8x8 pan?" And then I remember, "oh, cause I've done that before" and then get all excited that I can actually answer. Same thing happened tonight when I blogged about the monkey cupcakes I helped make (check out the post on Central Cooking). I was making a suggestion and thought, "oh wow, I actually know what I'm talking about about!"

*We had storm warnings popping up all around us tonight, nothing really happened here except some heavy rain but they kept breaking onto the tv to update the warnings. Doug and I joke that it takes them so long to spit out the warnings that we'll all blow away before we know the storm is here. I hate severe storms, I don't mind rain or even thunder but anything worse freaks me out. I'm a major worrier, so if there's a tornado watch I start to feel panicky and start about my routine: making sure I know where my purse, tennis shoes, keys, flashlight, and cell phone are, getting the place where we'd cower (the hallway here) cleared out, etc. Last summer when we had a fish I'd put his bowl (it was a beta so no power needed) into the tub, just in case. See? Total freak.

*That house I mentioned the other night was already sale pending, darn. But then our realtor started telling Doug about an 800-some foot 3 bdrm....... ummm, that's smaller than the 2 bdrm we rent. So now I've spent the last few days trying to figure out how you ram 3 bdrms into a house that size. The things my mind thinks about during the day :)

Ok, that's it for now. It's time for bed. Doug is going to be building our cornhole/bags/whatever you call it set tomorrow. We call it bags here but maybe that's a Midwest thing. It's going to be Fighting Illini themed (ILL - INI!). I'll post pics when we're done.

1 comment:

  1. I agree if you have experience or have learned something then you are no fraud.

    About your comment, yes we had to drive somewhere to go running. The road by our house is very busy and the speed limit is 45 miles per hour. I would be so nervous to run along the side of the road. So we drive to a very close (3 miles away) town that has sidewalks. Have a great Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog