Monday, May 4, 2009

I Need to Know My Limits

I'm really starting to get into this whole working out thing, which is awesome. However I seem to think that I'm superwoman and can jump straight into crazy distances without working my way up to them. I think it may have something to do with all the awesome fitness blogs I've been reading that talk about all the crazy distances they ran/swam/biked (Meghann ran 18 miles Saturday!) But I have to remember that these people have all worked up to this point and I have not.

I did finally try out the walk/bike path in town tonight. I'm not quite sure why I ignored it and started walking downtown right away, I mean I can almost see the path from our porch. But I will definitely be doing this path a lot now, the trail is really nice and the hills on it aren't too bad. My original (crazy) plan had been to walk from the house down to where the path crosses the highway and becomes a dirt/rock trail again (it's paved up until then). Well I think my goals were a little too lofty. I got really close though before I convinced myself that I needed to turn around. If I hadn't had to come back home I would have been fine, but the whole getting-back-to-the-house part was torturous. But I made it! And after my muscles stopped screaming at me (must stretch more!) I felt pretty awesome. 

I think it helps that the weather is awesome, it's actually not raining! And it's not supposed to tomorrow, which is awesome because we might be going to look at a house. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog