Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! And 2010 Pledges

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great night and that no one feels too awful this morning. I feel pretty great - although I started taking little cat naps on the couch about 9 last night! lol. But I did manage to stay awake long enough to ring in the new year though.


And now on to the fun part. I'm not a big fan of the word resolutions (just like Meredith), so I prefer to call these my pledges for 2010. So, without further ado, in 2010 I pledge to:

* Take my health more seriously. This encompasses the usual eat more fruits and veggies, drink more water, get more sleep, and workout more - it's just a more streamlined way to say it :)
In 2009 there were quite a few health issues for people in our families and they really served as wake-up calls. Watching so many people I know go to the doctor (and even the hospital) so much really made me realize that I need to take better care of myself, I owe it to myself! A big part of this is to do yoga at least twice a week.

* Blog more! I really love blogging and both blogs are like my babies - except at times I'm a horrible parent and leave my babies unattended for long stretches of time. But not in 2010! This year I want to be like parent of the year for my blogs. My goal is to blog on both blogs at least twice a week, but hopefully it will happen even more than that.

* Finally get a job I like. You know, one that doesn't require me to work 6 days a week, drive all over at the drop of a hat, and actually gives me health insurance that doctors here will take. I've had a few interviews lately, so I hope that I may be able to call this one done soon.

* Read 1 classic book a month. In 2009 my goal was to read 75 books (it was 50 at first then I bumped it up) and I actually did it (77 finished actually - woohoo!). This year I don't want to set a number - one because I don't know what my work situation will be like, two because we've still got a lot of work to do on the new house, and third because when I thought I wasn't going to hit my goal reading got a lot more stressful - and that's no fun. Plus I think I skipped some longer books toward the end of the year so as not to hurt my goal - and another goal of mine is to finally read Gone With the Wind. I'm not planning to be too strict here, a classic is whatever I deem one to be (within reason, Dracula = yes, Twilight = no).

* Finally get the house how we want it. It's hard when you only have 1 day a week off and it doesn't always line up with your husband's, but I really would like to get the house totally done (well, for now at least) within the next few months. We only have a few things left to do (but that includes stripping the wallpaper in the kitchen and then painting), so we should be able to knock everything out without too many problems.

So, those are my pledges for 2010, what are yours?

2 comments:

  1. I love your list! Home projects definitely take a huge portion of time. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! I need to blog more as well, looking forward to your updates this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog