Today's focus for the Summer Glow Boot Camp (see the picture link on the side) is Goal Setting. I'm really great at setting goals but pretty crappy about reaching them. So I figured that I might do a better job if I wrote them out and posted them. So, here is my "homework" assignment for the SGBC.
A. Write down 3 accomplishments that you are proud of in your life. Beside each one write down how each of them made you feel.
- Graduating College (and high school!) in 3.5 years. This made me feel like I could do anything I set my mind to.
- Starting to write a book. This is something that I've always wanted to do (I want to be a writer!) but I could never actually bring myself to start writing. So last November I signed up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) with some friends from my book club and I actually started writing! I'm not anywhere close to being done but actually starting it made me feel like this wasn't some crazy dream and maybe I really could do this.
- Our personal, yet not too expensive wedding. This is kind of a crazy accomplishment but I really am proud of it. We pulled off a nice, small (ish) wedding with (mostly) our good friends and family. We had everything that we wanted (a Mad hatter style wedding cake, a great photographer, big family pics) without going into debt or owing any huge bills. Whenever I watch Bridezillas or something like that I wonder how on Earth someone can spend that much on a wedding. Ours was perfect and the perfect price! (Not to mention we planned it while I was finishing up school and that was a crazy time, see accomplishment #1!).
B. Write down 3 goals that you want to achieve in the month of July. Also write how they will make you feel!
- Do yoga at least 3 times a week. Relaxed, happy, and healthy.
- Get back to writing. Happy, accomplished, and talented.
- Pack up everything in an organized fashion and then do the same when unpacking. Organized (duh), calm, and happy.
Write down ‘terminals’ for each goal. In other words, write down how you will know when the goal is completed or ended.
- When I can look back at the past weeks and see that I took the time to do something good for myself.
- When I get my page count up!
- When the last box is packed (and then unpacked) and everything is carried out of our rental (and then put away in our new house).
Now comes the planning part. Write down what you need to do to achieve these goals!
- Schedule in time to do this (both the yoga and the writing). It will be hard with packing and moving (and our trip) but worth it!
- Make sure I stick to that schedule. Write it in my planner and put it on my google to-do list.
- For packing/unpacking I need to make sure I do it right the first time! Sort and throw away/make a donate pile as I pack so I only touch things once.
- When unpacking put everything in the box away from the start, don't make new piles to get to later.