Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review–Bossypants

From Goodreads:

In her acceptance speech for Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, Tina Fey announced that she was proud to make her home in "the 'not-real America'." It is perhaps that healthy sense of incongruity that makes the head writer, executive producer, and star of NBC's Emmy Award-winning 30 Rock such a cogent observer of the contemporary scene. Bossypants, her entertaining new memoir, shows that strangeness has been her constant companion. Fey's stories about her childhood in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania are only appetizers for LOL forays into her college disasters, honeymoon catastrophes, and Saturday Night Live shenanigans. Most funny read of the month; the best possible weekend update.

My Thoughts:

I loved this book. I knew a little bit about Fey's background but I learned a lot about her from this book. It was really neat to see how she's worked her way up to where she is now. I think her sense of humor came across really well in this book.

I’ve always been a fan of Fey (not a mega fan really just a fan) and I love how she was such a big part of SNL and now with 30 Rock – she shows that a woman can totally be funny and in charge in entertainment. I liked getting to read about that part of her life but I also really enjoyed reading about her marriage and motherhood. I don’t have a child yet but I sort of feel like the way she feels about her child and being a mother is similar to how I will feel someday. And I loved when she was talking about all the things she was having to do during the week she was getting ready for her daughter's birthday party – I thought she was very funny in explaining how major all of these events were in her life while showing the humor of “yes, I know this really isn’t important to anyone else".”

I really hope Fey writes another book someday. And I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a fun and funny read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog