Sunday, November 20, 2011

Breaking Dawn Review and What’s In My Mailbox

 Source

Sarah and I saw Breaking Dawn today. It was just as cheesy and silly as I expected but it wasn’t horrible. I don’t want to post any spoilers but I’ll just say that the parts that I thought would be really cheesy were and the parts I thought I might like were ok. I thought the acting was about the best in this one compared to the others and I didn’t totally hate KStew’s acting this time. I’m glad I saw it and we will definitely go see part 2 next year.

One thing that Sarah and I did not understand was how many people brought their young kids to the movie. We had three kids right in front of us and at the sexy parts the mom actually told them to cover their eyes (I don’t think that’s too much of a spoiler). This made me laugh because they could still hear everything and who is to say they didn’t peak?

We did hear a few people in line say that they’d never read the book and we sort of wanted to sit by them and see what their reaction would be. At one point toward the end (if you’ve read it or seen it you can probably guess) someone yelled out “really?!” – it was funny.

So, overall not horrible but definitely cheesy.

 

In My Mailbox

I actually got some books this week so I thought I’d do an In My Mailbox post.

The Library

1120111714

I picked up Beauty Queens by Libba Bray and What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen. I just finished Beauty Queens Friday and started What Happened last night. I loved BQ and am liking WH so far.

 

Mailbox

1120111716

I love getting books in the mail – even more so when they are free! I won Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close on a blog contest and am really excited to read it. I saw a preview for the movie a few weeks ago and thought it looked really good. And I love Tom Hanks, so there’s that.

I also got Start Something That Matters because I was chosen as one of the bloggers for Books for Bloggers program which means that I got a copy of the book to read and review here on the blog. What’s that? You see 2 copies of the book in the photo? Oh that’s right – the program also sent me a copy of the book to give away! So keep watching for a post about the book which will include the opportunity for one of you to get your very own copy of Blake’s book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog