Monday, May 9, 2011

Lesson Learned

You know what stinks? When you’ve just spent the last hour and a half photographing your best friend’s son’s birthday party and you know you have some good pictures and then when you go to pull them onto your computer – poof – they’re gone.

Yeah. That sucked. My SD card totally corrupted. I tried a couple of photo recovery programs and they couldn’t find anything. The camera said the card wasn’t formatted to the camera and when I finally gave up and tried to format it (knowing the photos were already gone) the camera wouldn’t do it. So I guess my card is totally dead.

So I have a new rule – only use name brand cards. I was unknowingly using a no-name brand card. Never again. I’ll gladly pay more – even if the only thing that does is buy me a little peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog