Sorry for the radio silence lately. Life exploded (crazy work schedule, trip to Indy, my grandma passed away, and we both got a nasty stomach bug) and then I hit a bit of a rut (a book rut, writing rut, blogging rut, life rut). But life is settling back down (again) so how about a Saturday Six to get back in the blogging swing of things?
1. Allergies. I have them. And hate them. I actually had to call in this week because I felt so bad I thought my head was going to explode. Not a fun way to feel.
2. Spiders. I have them too. For some reason we’ve had a ton of these little quarter sized off-white/tan colored spiders. Doug sprayed around the house but we’ve still seen a few. I actually went to pull out a measuring cup to make Easter dessert earlier and there was one in the cup!! Ahhhhh!! Not cool.
3. So my favorite rock star – Stefan Lessard from Dave Matthews Band. Has started following some of his fans on Twitter. I got followed today. I am a happy girl!
4. We decided this week that we are going to go to an IndyCar race this summer. I cannot wait. We went to an IndyCar fan thing in February and I got to meet a few of my favorite drivers and had so much fun. There is such a great group of fans for this sport and I love being part of it.
5. On that note – I’m not going to get to see DMB in concert this summer. I am bummed. Doug can only request time off so far out and by the time he was able to request and it was approved there were only single seat tickets left. We prefer seats over lawn (Doug’s not a big lawn fan) so we decided to go with the race instead. I’m excited about the race but kind of bummed about the concert. However I am still keeping an eye out for any ticket giveaways
6. I’m in a major book rut. The last few things I’ve read have actually been Jen Lancaster books – which I’ve already read. I have quite a few books I’ve never read on my shelves but nothing is jumping out at me. I’ve written down a few titles that my book blogging friends have mentioned lately so I may look into those. I’m ready to get lost in a good book again.