Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Working it with Oprah and Tim

So I went to the gym this afternoon (yay me!) and when I walked in there were 4 men, two older & 2 young-ish, scattered across the treadmills, bikes, and elliptical. So I grab the open treadmill in the middle, put my headphones in, and start walking. Then I look up at the tv on the wall and notice that it's on (first time I've seen it on). So, what are these men watching? Oprah. Oprah and Tim Gunn (from Project Runway) doing makeovers on viewer's husbands, to be exact.

Yep, all these men and the tv is on Oprah. I was totally shocked. Then I noticed that the remote was in one of the cup holders on my treadmill. So I'm wondering if maybe the person who turned on the tv had been on my treadmill before all these guys came in. Or, maybe they were watching whatever was on before (what's on before Oprah?). Or, maybe these guys just like Oprah. Who am I to judge, right?

Anyway, I had a great workout. Once I hit my goal time I realized I was really close to a mileage marker, so I decided to go to that number (it was a .5 mile marker). Then my stubbornness kicked in and I decided to round that number up to a whole number. I'm quite sure that is the most I have ever actively walked (minus theme parks and things). At that point though I knew I should stop before I totally overdid it, which is a good thing! I got off the treadmill and had to stand there for a minute because my legs were totally shaking. It was so strange, I felt just fine on the mill, but as soon as I was off my legs were like jelly. Doug yelled at me when I told him and told me not to overdo it, but I promised him I didn't do it on purpose and that I felt just fine until my feet hit the ground. Who knows, guess I need to watch it.

As a side note, I realized that I really need to get some new socks. The ones I wore today moved around a lot while I was walking and really bugged my feet. Any recommendations for good walking/running socks?

Also, there may be something really cool in the works with one of my blogging buddies. It's not set in stone but I'm really excited at the possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog