Sunday, December 30, 2012

Favorite Books of 2012

2012 was not the best reading year for me. I didn’t even make it halfway to my goal – actually I barely hit a quarter of my goal. But, if history is any indication, 2013 should be much better. The last 4 years have been a trend – good year, bad year, good year, bad year – so next year should be a good year.

But, while I didn’t read a lot I did read some very good books. So here, in no particular order, are my favorites of the books I read over the last 12 months. They didn’t all come out in 2012 (I’m so bad about reading new books) but I did read them this year – so they’re going on the list.

 

Sultry With a Twist and A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett – I loved Sultry with a Twist when I read it and was lucky enough to win an ARC of A Shot of Sultry (which comes out 3/1/13). I’ve never really read anything from the romance genre but these are just so good! I totally got sucked into the stories in both books and fell in love with the characters. Macy has a third book coming out in this series and I cannot wait!!

Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson – I adored this book. It was by far one of the funniest books I have ever read. And had some of the most touching sections too. This book seemed to take the blog and book world by storm when it came out and I think that happened for good reason. This will definitely be one of those books I read over and over.

Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster – I love Jen Lancaster. I will pre-order every book she writes from now on (I pre-ordered this one). I totally think Jen and I could be bff – she says the things I think and I love her for it. This book was fantastic. As someone who has sort of grown up kicking and screaming the last few years I could totally relate to the premise of this book.

The Paris Wife by Paula McLain – This may be one of the most recommended books I’ve ever read. So many people said to read this and I’m glad I listened! I loved the story, the setting, and the time period. I didn’t know much about Hemingway going in to this but I really want to learn more since finishing this.

Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran – This book was recommended by some of my book club friends and as soon as I heard what it was about I knew I’d love it. I adore everything about Marie Antoinette and that time period so I knew this would be a hit. And it was! I found this fascinating and could barely put it down. I definitely recommend this!

Bossypants by Tina Fey – I really like Tina Fey – she’s funny, smart, and not afraid to play with the boys – and she kicks ass doing it. This book was funny and so enjoyable to read. I’m really glad I picked this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog