Thursday, February 3, 2011

My First Vlog – The Accent Vlog

 

Oy, I cannot believe I finally did a vlog. But I keep seeing this accent vlog around and I really wanted to do one. So, here you go.

If you want to see what it is that I’m trying to say:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
  • body and extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
  • groceries at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

So, what do you think? Pretty typical for a Midwest girl?

And what do you think of vlogs? Yay or Nay?

Oh, and that’s my lovely bookcase in the background. Anyone recognize anything on that top shelf?

5 comments:

  1. I'm from Indiana, and you sound a lot like me! I think the only things we differed on were data, crayon, and soda (I say pop). This looks fun - I may have to do one of my own vlogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Max and Ruthie were mesmerized by your appearance on our computer! Ruthie wanted to watch you again.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say pop sometimes too. I think it is because I went to school with people from Chicago and St. Louis - so I heard it both ways, lol.

    Sarah tell them I'm magic :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in various places (Illinois, Arizona, Texas, and Alabama) but I'm so not Southern when it comes to what I call things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We talk just about the same and I am from Houston (born and raised!). This is looks super fun, I am going to do it tonight when my house is nice and quite :)

    http://www.seekread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog