Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Day as a 4 Yearold

Last night about an hour before I left work I got a call asking if I was supposed to cover at another location today..... I wasn't. Then I was asked if I could.... umm, sure, thanks for the notice.

This location is about 35 minutes from home, as opposed to the 10 I usually drive, and required me to be there 3 hours and fifteen minutes earlier than I was supposed to be at work today. Lovely.

Needless to say I was not in the best mood this morning. And it doesn't help that I've worked at this location before and know that it is incredibly slow most days, oh and did I mention that I'd be all by myself. Yep, all alone. I despise working alone. Had I known that would happen I never would have taken the job.

Anyway, jump ahead about 2 hours into my day. I have everything that needs to be done up to this point done, and had it done for about an hour, and had had one customer.... that's it. This is the point when I snapped and started to act like I was 4.

First, I grabbed the crayons and color sheets we have for little kids and colored.

I'm not really sure why Rabbit and Pooh are on a stripper pole....

Then I snacked on a couple loops out of the container of generic fruit loops I had brought.



Then I had my oh-so-grown-up lunch: PB&J.

I couldn't remember if this location had a microwave, and we can't really leave for lunch, so it had to be this pretty much.

And finally I had a few Sweetarts.

Then I read a lot of the book I smuggled in with me (this is a no-no but I would have lost my mind otherwise). Tomorrow I'm back at my normal location (at least as far as I know). Which, while I dislike it, it is better than being alone.

1 comment:

Search This Blog