Saturday, August 13, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge Days 21-30

Day 21 – A Song That You Listen to When You Are Happy – Radioactive by Kings of Leon.

 

Day 22 – A Song That You Listen to When You Are Sad – Break Free by Dave Matthews Band.

 

Day 23 – A Song That You Want to Play at Your Wedding – Linus and Lucy from Charlie Brown. We had this as our recessional after the ceremony. No one knew about it except for us, the piano player, and my father in law who somehow randomly guessed it. My dad has always been a huge Snoopy and Charlie Brown fan and it rubbed off on me (I had a Charlie Brown ceiling fan growing up) so when we were trying to pick wedding music and needed something for the recessional (I HATE the traditional wedding march – I came in to Canon in D) this popped into my head and Doug loved it. Thankfully our piano player had no problem with it so this it what we did. One of my favorite memories from our wedding is heading up the aisle hearing people whisper “Is this the Charlie Brown Theme?”

 

Day 24 – A Song That You Want Played at Your Funeral – Bartender by Dave Matthews Band.

 

Day 25 – A Song That Makes You Laugh – King Tut by Steve Martin. Classic. We saw him in concert in June and he closed with this. It.Was.Amazing.

 

Day 26 – A Song That You Can Plan On an Instrument – American Overture. It has been a while but this was my favorite concert band song ever so I imagine I could probably still play it after a few minutes alone with the sheet music and my old clarinet.

Bonus – My Favorite Things jazz version. When I was in high school we always played this song in jazz band. Hand me the sheet music and a tenor sax and I think it would come back.

 

Day 27 – A Song That You Wish You Could Play – Ain’t No Sunshine.

 

Day 28 – A Song That Makes You Feel Creative and Inspired – One Day by Matisyahu. Mostly because it was the song in the commercials for the last winter Olympics.

 

Day 29 – A Song From Your Childhood – Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing. Honestly one of my favorite movies growing up. Pretty sure I about wore out the VHS and the cassette tape.

 

Day 30 – A Song That Makes You Want to Help the World – Raven by Dave Matthews Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog