Saturday, July 23, 2011

Harvest

 

I was out in our garden tonight picking the first batch of green beans. It is a fairly small collection but I found tons of little buds just starting that will be ready shortly. We also have 1 pepper starting to grow and one nice medium size tomato. Not bad for our first attempt!

0723111931

Oh and I had a little helper tonight too. I had Grux out in the yard with me and I was keeping an eye on him to make sure he didn’t get into the basket of beans. Well one time when I looked up he was sticking his head in the basket and there was something green in his mouth. So I told him no and chased him away from the basket and went back to picking. Well, when I picked up the basket to come inside I looked down and there next to the beans was a long blade of grass. Grux wasn’t eating the beans, he was adding his own harvest! Such a silly little guy. Doug and I have determined we have our own little farmer on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog