Saturday, April 9, 2011

1 Month Soda Free

Yep, you read that right. Me, Mrs. Drinks-Soda-Like-It-Is….um, Water hasn’t had a Diet Coke in a month, actually a little over a month. Go me!

I didn’t blog about going soda free because it was a spur of the moment thing and I wasn’t sure how it would work out. I initially starting skipping the bubbly brew because I’d been having some stomach aches and was starting to think that my constant attachment to the metal can was the cause. I think I was right. Within a few days of sticking to water and tea the stomach aches were mostly gone and I was feeling a whole lot better. I even noticed a difference at Zumba.

I definitely think that the increase in water intake has something to do with why I’m feeling so much better. Soda is not good for you while water is, makes sense that they can both make an impact on your body.

I don’t really plan to stay away from soda forever – I love root beer too much – but my plan is to have it be more of a treat instead of an every day occurrence. I do have to say though that the grocery bill is loving that soda isn’t on the list every week now (Doug still has a few cans a week). Soda is expensive! Water, however, is a lot less painful (turn on tap, fill up bottle).

What do you drink most often? Water, tea, soda?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog